Monday, February 9, 2009

AoG Project, Chapter 2.



(Send me any and all of your art before next Sunday the 15th, and I'll post them on Monday the 16th. Hope this chapter edifies you as much as it did me. If you would like to memorize some verses pertaining to the attribute of God's purposefulness I recommend Acts 15:18, Ephesians 1:11, Romans 8:28, or Isaiah 40: 13-14. If your coming into this project a little late, HERE is an explanation as to what it's all about. If would like to read any of the previous chapters, they can be found HERE.)

2. THE DECREES OF GOD


Whether God has decreed all things that ever come to pass or not, all that own the being of a God, own that He knows all things beforehand. Now, it is self-evident that if He knows all things beforehand, He either doth approve of them or doth not approve of them; that is, He either is willing they should be, or He is not willing they should be. But to will that they should be is to decree them. (Jonathan Edwards).

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

this is fun.
era

Jefferson Twillsbury said...

Hi Era,

Glad you are having fun with this project! More than fun, though, I hope this brings you closer to our great God and changes your life!

=)

Joshua Klein said...

Here is the link to my photo...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/joshuaklein/3276791027/sizes/o/
Not sure what size you wanted it.
The commentary is as follows...

"“Every purpose is established by counsel…” Proverbs 20:18
“…who hath been his counsellor?” Rom 11:34
“Known unto God are all his works from the beginning of the world.” Act 15:18
“…according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsel of his own will” Eph 1:11

What blessed truth! O Father of infinite wisdom, thank You. Do you not see all my ways, and count all my steps? Surely, O LORD, my steps are ordered by You. Order them in Your word, O God. Guide my feet in a straight path that I may sing praise unto You. Let my mouth sing unto God, for You have done excellent things and this is known in all the earth. Let all the earth rejoice and sing praise unto You, God Most High! Amen."

Grace and Peace! -Joshua Klein Sedgwick, Maine