Monday, January 26, 2009

Consider Helping Josh's Mom.

Josh is the author of the very edifying blog, Truth Matters, and is a member of the notable Reformata blog ring whose network includes Symphony of Scripture, Christian Research Network, Slice of Laodicea, Reformed Voices, and Lane Chaplin, amongst others. Josh seems to be a faithful brother and member of the online Christian community.

For three years his mother, Carol, has been battling cancer, both prayerfully and medically, and has come to the end of their financial rope. Insurance refuses to offer further assistance. I encourage you to pray for them, and to consider lending to the Lord, by giving to them. If you do not have the monetary means yourself, perhaps your prayers will be God's means for providing?

I am not affiliated with Josh or his mother, but have appreciated the evidences of faith and good works demonstrated on his site. If you would like to learn more or make a contribution, visit this page.

This is the testimony of another brother who knows Josh and his family,

"Your mom and dad helped me many years ago by paying my rent and buying me groceries at a time me and my family were struggling. They also gave my family a set of Bible commentaries. This was back in the 80's.

I contacted your dad and asked him to level with me because he was reluctant to talk about his finances. He told me that there has been some wonderful brothers and sisters who have given due to your posting about this situation and that the Lord will provide. After pressing him about this he finally told me that he has spent his entire retirement monies on medical bills and was concerned that you not only sold your "dream" car but you are also working two jobs to help them. He said he does not want to over burden you and your family. It saddens my heart that he has also mortgaged his house to pay for past surgeries and all that goes with chemo infusions and all the medications Carol is now taking.

I finally asked him how he and his wife handle something like this and not be angry with God. He did not like this question to say the least. He looked me straight in the eyes and said that even if God does not heal Carol from this cancer that God is good and He is precious.

Josh, I said all this because your visitor's on your blog would never here all this from you and I know your dad would never say this in a public way. He made it very clear to me that the Lord doesn't need any help and He will do whats best no matter what the outcome! He also re-emphasized that there have been some wonderful people who visit your blog who have sacrificially given and he said this with tears in his eyes.
"

And what does the Apostle Paul say to those who have means?

2 Cor 8:13-15, "I do not mean that others should be eased and you burdened, but that as a matter of fairness your abundance at the present time should supply their need, so that their abundance may supply your need, that there may be fairness. As it is written, 'Whoever gathered much had nothing left over, and whoever gathered little had no lack.'"

3 comments:

Michael Spotts: . said...

Awesome. Praise God.

Michael Spotts: . said...

I learned how to take videos with my 40D...

http://www.vimeo.com/2985225

If you have a Vimeo account, log in an download the full res. versions. It's pretty cool.

R.D. Thompson said...

p.s.

Vandaveer and Beirut is rock my sox off.