Monday, May 4, 2009

Chpt. 7, The Immutability of God, The Photos.

aog


Joshua, Maine.

J7

[ Who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God? But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no peace, saith my God, to the wicked. When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid; He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters and set my feet upon a rock. The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence. (2 Sam 22, Isa 57, Ps 40) ]


Jessica, Massachusetts.

JK7

[ It's a photo I took when I was in Warsaw of an old Jewish cemetery. It represents two things to me: The ancient and holy history of the Jewish people, with the Hebrew on the tombstones not much different than the Hebrew of the Bible, and the mutability of man as we fight and kill each other with our changing ideologies and passions. Which is, of course, in contrast to the steadiness and unchangeableness of God. ]


No comments: